7 Steps to Healthy Eating

7 Steps to Healthy Eating | Fearfully Fashioned #healthyeating #wellness #Fearfullyfashioned

How many of us are actually sticking to our New Year’s Resolutions? While some of us might be excelling, the the rest of us may not be as lucky. The best way to stick to any new habit is to make it a lifestyle change. How many diets or exercise kicks have you experienced to discover a few weeks later that you were a little overly ambitious? It’s okay. I won’t judge you! Creating a healthy lifestyle is hard! That’s why I’ve provided you with seven steps to healthy eating.


Ditch the diets.

You can’t expect long-term results based on short-term fixes. Utilize the 80/20 rule: Eat healthy 80% of the time and indulge for the other 20%. Moderation is key to a healthy diet, not deprivation.


Shop the outer aisles.

Don’t get yourself in trouble by shopping for processed foods such as chips, cookies, and sugary granola bars. Focus the bulk of your shopping on fresh, whole, and unprocessed foods.

7 Steps to Healthy Eating | Fearfully Fashioned #healthyeating #wellness #FearfullyFashioned

Meal prep.

Meal prepping not only saves you money, but it saves you calories as well! You have the ability to control how you are eating when you are preparing your food. Set a side some time on Saturday or Sunday to grocery shop and prepare your meals for the upcoming week.


Find healthy alternatives.

There are great healthy swaps for your favorite meals. Utilize the low-fat/calorie menu at your favorite restaurant, or swap out butter with healthy fats like olive oil. Woman’s Day has a great article on 50 healthy food swaps


Utilize Pinterest and blogs.

 Pinterest and blogs are the ultimate go-tos for healthy meals and snack ideas. You can even find inspirational quotes and quick exercises to keep you motivated and active.


Use food as fuel for your body, not your emotions.

It’s important to remember that food is nourishment and energy. Be conscious of how you are feeling when you are eating. Are you eating because you are actually hungry or because you are trying to mask your feelings? 


Eat mindfully.

This piggybacks off the last step. Always make sure that you are conscious of what and why you’re eating. Eat slowly and actually savor your food. Take the time to enjoy your meal with limited distractions. 



You don’t have to deprive yourself in order to live a healthy life. Download this healthy eating checklist to support you in your journey.  

What was your favorite healthy eating step? Share it with me in the comments below!