December 2017 PowerSheets Goals
Where has the year gone?! I can’t believe that we are already down to the last month of the year! When I sit down and reflect on what all occurred in the last year, I’m truly in awe of God and what He has done. If you follow me on Instagram, I’m sure you’ve heard me say that this has been one of the hardest years of my life. Even before 2017, the last few weeks of December were some hard times for me. Everything from my relationship, finances, career, and business, were a huge question mark. To be honest, I was in a very dark space. The only thing I could do was press into the Lord because He was the only person who truly understood where I was at.
During that time I started my first set of PowerSheets. They were my beacon of hope during those dark and cloudy days. As I sat down during the first days of January to begin my prep work, I needed more than hope. I needed direction, and even more than that I needed an action plan. Up until that point, I was setting goals from a place of lack and striving, and when everything started to come to a head in my life, I wanted nothing more to slow down so I could really focus on what matters -- healing, restoration, relationships, and living a whole, purpose-driven life.
I’m not sure where you stand in this season of your life, but the PowerSheets are great for any season. Whether you are navigating a breakup, seeking to transition careers, or just wanting to uncover your purpose and fashion a purpose-driven life, the PowerSheets are an intentional goal-setting planner designed to help you cultivate what’s important to you. They have been such an integral tool in my life and business this year. If you’re yearning for hope and seeking intentional progress toward purposeful goals, the PowerSheets are for you. Now, let’s move on to my November recap!
1) Savor Thanksgiving with my family and Justin. Yes, yes, and yes! This Thanksgiving was truly the best one yet. It was the first time that my boyfriend of 5 years has been to my family home. It was so great to spend time with him and my family. Also, it was the biggest Thanksgiving that my family has had yet. Usually, it’s just me and my immediate family, but my mom’s brother and sister brought their families up and we all spent the holiday together. It was a great time that I won’t ever forget.
2) Cultivate new and old friendships. Yes! I’ve been challenging myself to step out of my comfort zone to network and make more business connections. I’ve been making some really great friendships in the process.
3) Find an eye doctor. Yes! I had been putting this one off for an embarrassing amount of time. Probably about 6 months ago my glasses broke, so I had been wearing contacts to replace them. But then my contacts started to run out and I couldn’t remember the last time I’ve been to the doctor, so that appointment was definitely overdue.
4) Find a dentist. Well, this goal changed into schedule a dentist appointment. Since I’m going back home again in a few weeks, I decided it was better to just schedule an appointment with the dentist I already have at home rather than taking the time to find a new one before I leave. The holidays are already a busy time and I’m trying to simplify as much as possible.
5) Refresh budget. Yes! One of my business buddies actually introduced me to a new budgeting software called YNAB. I love how the tool forces you to budget the money that you currently have rather than forecasting money you think you might have in the future. This approach makes it so much easier to manage my finances as an entrepreneur. I will be doing a blog post on this in the later months to come.
6) Finish reading The Best Yes. Yes! I was able to finish this one while I was home on break.
Cheers to having my first month where I completed all my goals! Now let’s dive into my goals for December!
1) Intentionally celebrate Justin and I’s 5th anniversary.
I can’t believe we’re about to celebrate our 5th anniversary, especially when last time this year I didn’t think we were going to make it. God is so good and so faithful! Since last year wasn’t the best for us, I’m hoping that we can make it up this year.
2) Savor the holidays with my family.
I love spending the holidays with my family. My Mom and I always do our holiday baking, and I love to watch Christmas movies with my sisters and their kids. I don’t know why, but I have a strong feeling that this may be my last Christmas home for awhile, so I really want to make sure that I’m making the most of my time with them.
3) Send birthday cards to my friends and past clients.
4) Start/finish my Christmas shopping.
Yes, I know that I’m late to the game, but I’ve always been a late Christmas shopper. I like to save my Christmas shopping for when I get home, so I don’t have to lug suitcases of presents home.
5) Create my cultivated calendar for 2018.
Lara Casey and Emily Ley did a webinar a few months back on cultivating and simplifying your calendar. A lot of that is done by identifying the holidays and dates that are important to you (like birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations/traditions, etc.). My best friend is graduating from law school May 2018 and I want to make sure I’m taking certain days off during the holidays, so I want to put those dates into my calendar early so I can prepare well for them.
6) 2018 PowerSheets Prep.
Every December, Lara Casey and her team walk PowerSheets users through prepping their goals for 2018. Her intention is that if we start to give some intentional forethought to our goals early, we won’t spend the last few weeks of the year trying to “microwave our goals.” Prep Week starts December 4th and I’m ready to dive in!
7) Edit LDU videos.
8) Create LDU workbooks.
More to come on these last two goals soon! Just know that in 2018 you’ll have more access to coaching and training so that you can fashion a life and vision that you and God love! ;)
2) Workout 3-4 times week.*
3) Review budget & finances (business & personal).*
2) Be still*
3) Check YNAB
*= Goals from last month or recurring goals.
Want your own set of the PowerSheets? Cultivate What Matters just launched the 2018 PowerSheets Collection. There are still one-year goal setting planners left. Click here to view the collection and purchase your set before they sell out!
What are your monthly goals? Share them with me in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase the books or other resources mentioned in this post, I will make an affiliate commission. All products and resources I recommend have been vetted and used by me. If you decide to purchase them, at no additional cost to you, you help support Fearfully Fashioned.